If anyone is interested, I’m giving a half day workshop tomorrow afternoon (January 8th) at CodeMash 2019. The materials are up on GitHub (or at least the Powerpoint slide deck is for now, but more will be there by tomorrow;)).
In this workshop we’re gonna look at:
- Automated testing best practices — according to me anyway
- How the automated testing pyramid informs our testing approach
- Designing for Testability
- Dealing with Databases in Tests
- How Docker can be used to enable isolated testing environments
- HTTP contract testing with ASP.Net Core using Alba
- Random advice on how to express tests and craft assertions, mostly using Storyteller
I’m looking forward to catching up with old friends and making new ones this year at CodeMash. I hope to see some of you in the workshop tomorrow and all around the giant Kalahari.